Director of Undergraduate Studies
Welcome to the website of the Math Director of Undergraduate Studies. Contact information for the current DUS is in the table below. Both of us can be reached via e-mail first.last @yale.edu.
- April 20: Our math orientation video 2021 has been posted (updated from 2020 as far as the curriculum revisions). Still nice, isn’t it? :)
- April 5: Senior joint major presentation recordings are due on May 7, and live Q&A sessions will follow on May 10. See Math major FAQ for more details.
- April 2: The schedule of 2021-22 courses is now available on YCS.
- March 2021: Our introductory / analysis sequence revision has been announced, and will go into effect in Fall 2021.
- June 17, 2020: The algebra sequence has been revised.
- Math advising resources site for incoming and first-year students
- Calculus and placement exam FAQ
- Information about 2020-21 academic year for all math students.
- Advanced courses and math major FAQ
- Sign up for DUS mailing list. More information can be found in our FAQ.
- Math peer mentor site
Our office hours for Spring 2021 are listed below. If they do not work for you, let us know and we will schedule an appointment for you. We will use the waiting room feature, so that we can provide individual advice - though we can’t give chocolate to those of you who are waiting, sadly.
Both of us are available for all questions, though it is recommended that inquiries about level 100 courses and technical questions about requirements of the major go to Miki, and inquiries about student research (including senior projects) go to Yifeng.
Yifeng Liu, Director of Undergraduate Studies.
Professor Liu is leaving Yale at the beginning of June.
In July, Professor Andrew Neitzke will take over as the math DUS.
In the meantime, contact Miki when you need help.
Miki Havlickova, Associate DUS.
Office hours after May 7, and before pre-registration ends:
Monday, May 10, 3 - 3:30pm
There will be no office hours during the summer, but I will be available by e-mail most of the time (and can set up a meeting if needed).