Director of Undergraduate Studies
Welcome to the website of the Math Director of Undergraduate Studies. We can be reached via e-mail at email@example.com . Our office hours are posted below.
Math majors are all assigned a personal faculty adviser as well. Advising assignments are sent out twice a year (usually early January and early August), to students who declared one of the math majors since the last assignments were made. You can read more about our advising system in the Math major FAQ linked below.
- Our office hours for Fall 2023 are posted below. To reach us by e-mail, you can write to firstname.lastname@example.org any time.
- May 29: Prof. Andrew Neitzke is finishing up his term as the DUS at the end of June. Starting on July 1, our new DUS will be Prof. Richard Kenyon.
- May 23: Take a look at our announcement about 2023 math student prizes!
- Math advising resources site for incoming students
- Calculus and placement exam FAQ
- Advanced courses and math major FAQ
- Sign up for DUS mailing list. More information can be found in our FAQ.
Our Fall 2023 pre-semester office hours are posted below. You can also reach us at email@example.com .
Richard Kenyon, Co-director of Undergraduate Studies,
Add / drop and term office hours
Miki Havlickova, Co-director of Undergraduate Studies, KT 907
Term office hours
On zoom, you will first get into the waiting room, and I’ll invite you in as soon as I’m free.
In person, if I’m talking to someone else, wave at me through the door so I know you’re waiting, and I’ll come get you when I’m free.
For longer conversations, it’s best to avoid the add / drop period, the week of Midterm, and the week when registration opens for next term’s classes (those tend to be extra busy).