Inquiries concerning the graduate program in mathematics should be sent to Yvette Barnard. Some useful links:
- The mathematics department page in the Graduate School catalog.
- Graduate school homepage for general information.
- Admissions information from the graduate school.
- Teaching information for new Ph.D. students
- Online Application. Supplemental forms (for recommendations and transcript requests, for example) can be printed and must be mailed to complete the application.
Chairman: Yair Minsky
Fields of Study
Fields include real analysis, complex analysis, functional analysis, classical and modern harmonic analysis; linear and nonlinear partial differential equations; dynamical systems and ergodic theory; geometric analysis; kleinian groups, low dimensional topology and geometry; differential geometry; finite and infinite groups; geometric group theory; finite and infinite dimensional Lie algebras, Lie groups, and discrete subgroups; representation theory; automorphic forms, L-functions; algebraic number theory and algebraic geometry; mathematical physics, relativity; numerical analysis; combinatorics and discrete mathematics.