Welcome and thank you for visiting the Department of Mathematics
Please help us to make the reimbursement process as quick and simple as possible, by keeping a few important things in mind. Thanks!
For timely reimbursements, submit receipts as soon as possible.
- Yale University does not reimburse the full cost of business or first-class travel.
- If you are arriving by plane, please book economy class fare.
- If you are arriving by train, please book coach class.
- In accordance with the Fly America Act: U.S. air carriers are required for all federally funded trips.
- Original receipts are requested for all expenses.
- Itinerary, class of service (coach, economy)
- Travelers should choose a reasonably priced hotel with a single occupancy rate.
- Ground transportation: the lowest cost ground transportation consistent with business needs.
- Mileage Allowance Rate for Business travel, effective 1/18/18; 54.5 cents per mile which covers fuel costs.
- Please include exact destination points.
- Car rental insurance for domestic travel will not be reimbursed by the university.
- Fuel expenses are reimbursable only in relation to car rental expenses.
- Non-reimbursable expenses: In-room movies, “no-show” charges of hotel and car service, personal parking tickets or traffic violations, upgrades (air, hotel, car, train, etc.)
For any travel or reimbursement related questions, please contact us at (203) 432-7058 or visit Yale’s Travel Policy for more detailed information.
If neither a citizen or permanent resident of the United States, the following documentations are required for reimbursement:
- Copy of ID passport page, visa stamp, date entry stamp
- Copy of Form I-94 Arrival/Departure record; MUST be copied while in U.S.
- Completed W-8BEN and International Information Form (IIF) submitted with your payment request.
- For reimbursement only, complete section 1 only, sign and date
- IRS tax treaty forms (W-8BEN/8233), if applicable
- Form T-100, for services performed abroad, if applicable
- Visitors on a B2/WT visa may not receive payment or reimbursement.
For visa related questions, please contact Diane Altschuler at (203) 432-7318.
Amtrak - 800 - 872-7245
Metro-North Railroad- 800-638-7646; New Haven Railroad Station, 50 Union Ave., New Haven
Shore Line East Commuter Rail - 800-255 -7433
CT Limo - 800 - 472-5466 (LIMO)
Metro Taxi - 203-777-7777
Premier Limo - 866-885-5466